Some fresh bookmarks from delicious.com:
- NY Times: Cats Lap With Tip of the Tongue – It has taken four highly qualified engineers and a bunch of integral equations to figure it out, but we now know how cats drink. The answer is: very elegantly, and not at all the way you might suppose.
- Beware of Greeks Bearing Bonds | Business | Vanity Fair – The unbelievable state of Greek state finances, where no one pays tax, no one knows how many people the state employs, or how much the state spends, and everybody cheats.
- A Vegan No More | Voracious – A "hardcore, self-righteous and oh so judgmental vegangelical" is forced to stop being one after the diet makes her profoundly ill. Long and interesting, with many comments.
- Sub-Pixel Message Generator – Using sub-pixel rendering to create a ridiculously small font (1 pixel wide and 5 pixels high), only visible on LCD monitors running at their highest resolution
- The Insanity Virus | DISCOVER Magazine – Schizophrenia has long been blamed on bad genes or even bad parents. Some psychiatrists now say that the cause is a virus that lives in every person's DNA, and is triggered by an infection in early childhood.