We thought packing and preparation for the move would take about a day, plus the work that the movers said they would do (pack all the breakable stuff). We’ve been at it two days and there is still more to be done. Good thing we left ourselves a wide margin!
- Packed all books (20 boxes) and CDs (3 boxes) and DVDs, comics etc
- Disassembled bookshelves
- Emptied attic of camping gear, summer clothes, diving gear etc, and repacked all that
- Packed all plants and most toys
- Emptied most drawers (of clothes, tools, and office supplies)
- Disassembled our bed and Ingrid’s cot
Still to be done:
- Pack remaining clothes
- Pack away our computers
… plus all sorts of odds and ends that will probably grow like a hydra, chop off one head and two new will grow in its place. But we’ve got all day tomorrow to finish (the movers arrive early Friday morning) so it shouldn’t be a problem.